Sunday, July 22, 2012

Who makes boring cupcakes? Not you.

My friend shared with me a recipe for making rainbow cupcakes. It was so easy that now I can't help but want to color my batter.   

Simply buy white cake batter (Again, I'm a working mom, so no scratch here.  Though I have seem some recipes on Pinterest where you make up your mix in advance and bag for your pantry.  I may try that on a slow weekend...If so, I'll keep you posted).  To make up for my store bought mix, I always add a packet of pudding (vanilla or chocolate depending) to give my cupcakes more substance and moisture.

For July 4th, I split my batter into two bowls, coloring half blue with food coloring and the other red.  Coloring cake batter is similar to coloring the dough in "My attempt at Pinata Cookies", but not as messy for your hands. 

I then put 1/8 cup of red batter in the cupcake pan followed by 1/8 cup of blue batter.  Baked as instructed on my box and ......




fun cupcakes that look like I spent a ton of time in the kitchen grew in my oven.  
As always, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment