If you read the labels of yogurt, you'll notice the large amount of sugar. Yikes! Even on the low fat and Greek options. It made me feel like reducing sugar in my diet was impossible.
The best way to reduce sugar in yogurt is to eat the plain yogurt. Unfortunately for me, I do not like, no better yet...HATE, the taste of plain yogurt. I tried adding Stevia to plain Greek yogurt with some fruit mixed in. No Thank You!
To make some yogurt with a sweet flavor, I took plain Greek yogurt, honey and some of the berries from my previous post "What to do with Berries" and blended them together. Ahhhh....Much better!
You can mix this up! Try a banana and honey, pineapple (I like buying the fresh organic pineapple at Whole Foods that is already cut) and orange or strawberries and banana. This doesn't completely eliminate sugar, but at least I know what sugar is in there and its source.
Be creative and of course, Enjoy!
I will add that doing this will make the yogurt a much thinner consistency. You may want to even just convert it to a smoothie.
ReplyDelete