Sunday, July 22, 2012

What to do with Berries

I don't know about you, but I have bought blueberries, raspberries and strawberries only to have them go bad in the fridge and get moldy before they were eaten.  I saw a great pin on Pinterest to wash your berries with one part vinegar and two parts water.  This actually works!  And it doesn't leave a bad taste on the berries.

Sometimes, I still don't get through them fast enough.  So here is my idea on creating single servings for berries.

I bought a large tub of Organic berries at Whole Foods.  Using Ziplock snack bags, I filled each with a handful of berries, trying to get an even amount of each. I cut the strawberries so they will not take as long to thaw. I placed my single servings in the freezer.  Now, whether I want to pack in my lunch for work to go with my yogurt, throw in a smoothie or just have as a snack, I have easy access to just the right amount of berries and I'm not worried about eating them all before they go bad in the fridge.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment