Sunday, July 22, 2012

My version of a "Green Monster"

I never thought I would like spinach and plain greek yogurt in a smoothie, but I have come to love it.  The key is adding fruit.  Here is my version of a green monster.

Mix 8 oz. of coconut water.  I like Vitacoco because I can find containers of it at the grocery store (yes, even Walmart) in sizes larger than the single serving.  A handful of spinach, about 1 cup.  Use organic spinach.  Spinach is one of the "dirty dozen" that has high amounts of pesticides.  I throw in two large spoonfuls of plain Greek yogurt.  Use plain to eliminate the sugar that would be in there if you used vanilla.  And no, it won't taste bad because of the fruit.  Add a banana or two, an orange if you want, and ice.  Blend and....
Ta Da!!!  All I can say is Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment