I saw a wonderful idea/recipe for pinata cookies on Pinterest from the sheknows.com website and wanted to try them out. Below is my version. In order to have made the pinata cookies, I would have needed to make dough for 18 dozen cookies and essentially would have had a finished product of about 7 cookies. In my life, this just won't work. The dough below is for 9 dozen cookies, which was 2 packets of sugar cookie dough mix from the grocery store. I ended up with just big circle cookies that were colorful and fun. The kiddos loved them. They are much more versatile and can be used for any party or holiday but just choosing different colors. Red, white and blue for July 4th or red and pink with a heart cookie cutter for Valentine's Day. Mix it up and most importantly enjoy yourself while you are doing it.
![]() |
| Be careful! Food coloring stains. Next time, I will probably throw on some rubber gloves so I don't have rainbow hands for the next few days. |
![]() |
| Line your container with plastic wrap. Then layer your cookie dough. Place in the freezer for 4 hours. |
![]() |
| Here is a picture of your frozen block of cookie dough. I ran hot water on the outside of my container to loosen the frozen cookie dough from the sides and bottom. |
![]() |
| Cut into slices. |
![]() |
| Bake according to your dough recipe/instructions on your box ;) |
![]() |
| After I pulled the cookies from the oven, I immediately put M&M on them, pressing in slightly and cut them out with cookie cutter. |
![]() |
| It's amazing how much better your shape is if you use the cookie cutter AFTER the cookie dough bakes vs. before. I will start doing that anytime I make shaped cookies. Cool and Enjoy! |








You've got to be the coolest mom on the block.
ReplyDelete